“Screen Skills Ireland occupies a central and crucial role at the centre of training and skills development for the AV industry in Ireland. It is well-regarded by stakeholders, with a strong reputation for quality and for engaging industry. The organisation is seen as a key link between the industry and skills development provision, with deep understanding of the needs of the sector.”
– Crowe Horwath Report on the Development of Skills for the Audio-visual Industry in Ireland 2017.
Screen Skills Ireland is the leading agency with responsibility for investing in people and skills development for the screen sectors in Ireland.
Now part of Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland, Screen Skills Ireland was established in 1995 to provide continuing training and career development opportunities for professionals working in the screen sectors.
Screen Skills Ireland designs, develops and delivers industry-focused skills development initiatives for the screen sector in Ireland, encompassing film, TV, animation, games and VFX, for all roles from new entrants to company leaders.
Our Core Values: Screen Skills Ireland’s core values are embedded in the work we do as follows:
- providing skills development opportunities to our industry’s professionals throughout their career
- offering strategic leadership for skills development within the screen sectors in Ireland
- driving positive change within the sector through support for inclusivity, diversity, transparency and fairness in our work.
- supporting the sector to grow and thrive across all regions nationally and internationally
- collaborating with key stakeholders to provide skills development initiatives that respond to the changing needs of the sector