What makes a TV proposal stand out, and where do TV proposals & pitches fail to hit the mark? Which sections of your proposal are most important, and which sections can the commissioner ‘live without’? What do commissioners really want to see in your pitch?
Following on from the success of our TV Commissioner webinar series in July 2020, Spotlight on Development, is back for a second series. Six leading commissioning editors and executive producers from RTÉ, TG4 and Virgin Media TV will share their insights into TV development best practice in conversation with seasoned TV development consultant and industry educator Colin Pauser-Cowman.
‘Spotlight on Development – Commissioners Breakfast’ is a unique opportunity to hear from commissioning editors and executive producers from the three leading Irish TV channels as they unpack the qualities that make a proposal or pitch memorable, compelling and relevant to their department. The purpose of this webinar series is to highlight the continuing importance of quality proposal development, matching ideas to genres and channels, unpacking the dos and don’ts of TV concept development and pitching, and understanding the unique characteristics of each channel or genre.
Spotlight on Development is a skills-training webinar program, specifically tailored to Industry professionals interested in up-skilling in non-scripted or factual TV development. Early registration is recommended for this webinar series as places are limited. (see registration details below).
- Friday 26th March – 9:30am to 10am – Suzanne Kelly – Commissioning Editor – for RTÉjr and Young Peoples programming = RTÉ
- Monday 29th March – 9:30am to 10am – Anthony Nilan (Commissioner for Entertainment and Fact Ent) and Sinead Stimpfig (Commissioning Lead) Virgin Media TV
- Tuesday 30th March – 9:30am to 10am – Colm O’Callaghan – Commissioning editor for Specialist Factual – RTÉ
- Wednesday 30th March – 9:30am to 10am – Mary Ellen Ní Chualain – Commissioning Manager – TG4
- Thursday 1st April – 9:30am to 10am – Aifric Ní Chianáin – Executive Producer, Arts & Culture – RTÉ
Please register here: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/134/qy3l3h7x