Animation Ireland in partnership with Animation Skillnet, The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and Screen Skills Ireland are hosting a half day seminar on Leading the way in Animation: a Management Development Seminar for Animation Studios .
This seminar will give practical advice and share first hand experience from well known Irish and UK animation studios (Blue Zoo, JAM Media, Pink Kong Studios, Daily Madness, elk.Studios) Throughout the seminar, participants will look at the management development of an animation studio, IP commercialisation, markets, funding, co-productions, broadcasters and securing deals, managing teams, and discuss the challenges and skills required of a successful and sustainable digital animation production (2D & 3D) in a fast paced and ever changing audiovisual landscape.
From passion to profession: taking the leap from creative studio to a growing business
- Taking the leap and expanding your business
- Getting started, funding, supports, co productions and challenges.
- Production pipelines- best practices
- Leadership- creating confident management teams, understanding how to manage people and creative teams.
- Upskilling and training: investing in your team.
Creating a sustainable business model though commercialising your IP+ a practical guide to industry markets
- Developing your IP, making it commercially viable and creating a sustainable business.
- Markets- “selling your wares”, preparation, practical tips and tricks
- Broadcasters: making and closing deals
- Distribution: making and closing deals
Panel moderator: Ronan McCabe (Animation Ireland/Treehouse Republic)
Tom Box & Oli Hyatt, Co-Founders, Blue Zoo (UK)
Lindsey Adams, Founder and Producer; Daily Madness (IRL)
Ian Hamilton, Founder, elk.Studios (IRL)
Niamh Herrity, CEO & Producer, Pink Kongs Studios (IRL)
John Reynolds, Chief Commercial Officer, JAM Media (IRL + UK)
The event is aimed at owners, Producers and Directors of SME animation, games VFX production companies; and those who are embarking on a new production company, or expanding their current business model.
Date & Times:
Monday 9th December 9.30am – 1.30pm
Free event based on suitability. Please refer to participant profile.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Thurs 5th December 2019 @12 noon.