Ever wondered how to set up a business? How about what happens if your team splits up half way through a project? And what about VAT, accounts, or tax returns?
Screen Skills Ireland is pleased to be supporting Animation Skillnet to offer a one day workshop with Kevin Murphy from RetroNeo Games Ltd that covers the answers to these questions. This workshop will help you stay legally compliant while saving money as a creative startup business.
The workshop is aimed primarily at creative businesses like game developers, performers, musicians, or artists, though the vast majority of the workshop would apply to any small to medium, early stage or startup businesses, whether they are in creative fields or not.
- annual tax returns
- registering (or not) for VAT and doing those returns
- accounting, either yourself or with a professional
- contract law
- Limited (Ltd) companies
- what’s allowable as expenses
- intellectual property, copyright, and trademark
- selling online
- The goal is that everyone will leave with at least a basic understanding of these areas.
In addition, attendees will be given:
- a handout of the key take-aways summarised for their future use
- a short list of recommended accountants and solicitors
- a set of bookkeeping templates on Google Sheets, suitable for keeping track of their accounts and VAT returns on an ongoing basis.
Kevin has a Bachelor of Commerce degree from UCD, is a QQI Certified Trainer, has studied with the Irish Tax Institute towards the Chartered Tax Adviser qualification, and has extensive experience working in accounts and book-keeping roles in various companies.
He founded RetroNeo Games in 2015, made it Limited in 2016, and finally converted it to a training company in 2018.
He is also a semi-professional musician, co-founded and performed with The LoveCats Burlesque Troupe (2009-2011), and has co-produced and judged at Miss Burlesque Ireland (2014 – present).
Date & Times:
Friday 9th August from 11am to 4pm. There will be two blocks of two-hour learning with a one hour break in the middle.
Conference Room 3, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8 (Directions and Map: http://gec.ie/get-in-touch/).
Members: 75 Euro, Non Members: 80 Euro
Please register online for this course here: https://animationskillnet.ie/events/business-101/