Screen Training Ireland is seeking applications from female directors interested in a shadow directing opportunity on upcoming film production The Last Right.
Due to the nature of production the opportunity will have a fluid form but the overall objective will be to provide participants with exposure and experience on a feature film set, and ultimately to help increase the number of future productions directed by female talent.
This is not a training scheme and the shadowing opportunity is not open to entry-level talent. The focus is on career advancement. There is a modest stipend provided and the duration of the shoot is 5 weeks, starting in early November, with a potential extra week or two either side to also get some pre/post experience.
- Candidates must be female, and have directed at least one short film that has had an award-qualifying festival premiere, or TV broadcast
- Candidates must have a director, assistant director, or DOP credit on at least two short films, and/or one feature film
- Candidates must able to provide a link to an up to date showreel and provide a current director CV
- Candidates are expected to be self-starters, with a positive attitude, who have on-set experience and who recognise this role is to assist and shadow the director
- Candidates must have a current, clean driving licence and their own car
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of September. Please supply a current CV, a link to a show reel, and a short description of why this shadow directing opportunity might be beneficial in advancing your directing career. Candidates who do not meet the essential requirements will not be considered.