About Screen Skills Ireland (SSI)
Screen Skills Ireland is the skills development business unit within Fis Éireann/Screen Ireland (SI), the national development agency for the creative screen industry. Screen Skills Ireland has responsibility for investing in people and skills development across film, television and animation. Screen Skills Ireland designs, develops and delivers industry-focused skills development initiatives encompassing film, TV, animation, games and VFX, for all roles from new entrants to company leaders.
In April 2019, the Department for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht introduced new guidelines on Section 481, the Irish tax credit for the film, television and animation industry. This included a new requirement for producers to submit a Skills Development Plan for approval by Screen Skills Ireland for all projects with eligible expenditure in excess of €2 million, and all applications are reviewed by Screen Ireland and Screen Skills Ireland.
Screen Skills Ireland’s role involves assessing Skills Development Plans, monitoring skills development on productions through undertaking on-set visits and reviewing skills participants’ learning journals and productions’ Quality Assurance Compliance reports.
Section 481 Skills Development Coordinator Role
Reporting directly to the SSI Manager and the Skills Development Executive for Section 481 & Work-Based Learning, this role provides an opportunity to work across all Section 481 Skills Development activity.
The role will consist of the following:
- Providing administrative support for the Section 481 Skills Development process to include checking and logging submissions for accuracy, minute taking, processing data, file management and maintenance of records.
- Gathering regular information, data and statistics for releases and reports related to Section 481 skills development activity.
- Working alongside the S481 Skills Development Executive to plan, organise and attend meetings with companies/producers/stakeholders and set/company visits.
- Supporting SSI Skills Executives and Coordinators with planning and developing resources, initiatives and events related to S481 and the wider skills development needs of the sector.
- Supporting the S481 Skills Development Executive with the development of competency frameworks and occupational profiles for job roles within the screen sector.
- Working with the S481 Skills Development Executive to support the development of initiatives related to Responsible Production to include Diversity, Inclusivity, Gender and Sustainability/Green Film-making.
- Other duties that Screen Skills Ireland may require from time to time.
- Excellent computer package proficiency including Word, Excel, Power-point, Survey Monkey and social media platforms;
- Must have excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a fast-paced team who can contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment;
- Must have a strong client focus;
- Must be able to work to challenging deadlines and work on own initiative;
- Must be an ideas person – contributing and driving new initiatives;
- A desire to work in the Screen sector is essential.
Particulars of the Position
This position will be offered on a 4-year fixed–term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at Executive Officer level starting at €30,278 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 23 days per annum and this post is part of the Screen Ireland Public Service Pensions (Single Scheme) for the duration of the contract. There will also be a probationary period. This position is based in Dublin.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter setting out how your skills and experience will meet the requirements for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00 pm on Monday 24th February.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and all personal data will be destroyed and deleted as soon as the recruitment process is fully completed.
Fis Éireann/Screen Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Fis Éireann/Screen Ireland is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
Internal Ref: DS 007-2020