About Screen Skills Ireland
Screen Skills Ireland is the skills development business unit within Fis Éireann/Screen Ireland (SI), the national development agency for the creative screen industry. Screen Skills Ireland has responsibility for investing in people and skills development across film, television and animation.
Screen Skills Ireland designs, develops and delivers industry-focused skills development initiatives encompassing film, TV, animation, games and VFX, for all roles from new entrants to company leaders.
About Screen Leaders
Screen Leaders is the leading strategic company development programme for the screen industries. It is funded by the Creative Europe Programme and Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland (FÉ/SI) and is delivered by Screen Skills Ireland.
This intensive programme provides individuals and companies with a wide range of skills to grow and develop their businesses. The Programme spans strategic planning and implementation and places a significant emphasis on personal development and business planning implementation.
The programme is delivered over 6 months and consists of 8 – 9 participating companies from Ireland and Europe. The main module will be delivered in October 2020 and this will be followed by extensive one-to-ones which will be delivered to January 2021. The final module will take place in a partner European country in January 2021.
Programme Manager – Role Description
We wish to engage a Programme Manager who will focus primarily on Screen Leaders. This will be a part-time contract position and is envisaged as 3 days per week for the 2020 programme.
The role will see the Screen Leaders Programme Manager working across the strategic development of the programme and the brand. The role will report directly to the Skills Development Manager in SSI and the Deputy CEO of SI – who act as Co-Directors of the Screen Leaders Programme.
The role will consist of:
- Engaging with the alumni of Screen Leaders.
- Establishing new channels of communications with the Irish and International alumni.
- Promotion of the programme with the Creative Europe Desks in Europe and directly with the individual film funds in Europe and other third-party countries.
- Meeting with and communication with participants prior to the programme commencement and during the programme delivery.
- Design of evaluation of programme and reporting to Creative Europe.
- Procurement of tutors and key speakers.
- Initiatives which will extend the brand of Screen Leaders such as international partnerships and international masterclasses.
- The Programme Manager will be involved in the final selection of participants, communication with participants, curriculum development and the logistics and delivery of the modules – both in Ireland and in Europe as well as some online/remote delivery.
- This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related additional tasks including other duties that Screen Skills Ireland may require from time to time.
Essential Experience and Qualities
- Experience of working in the film and/or television industry, preferably across the business area.
- Experience of working in training and/or education provision, preferably across business skills development.
- Must be highly literate in IT and the delivery of programmes on-line.
- Must be highly technical to manage tutor presentations and webinars.
- Must be highly numerate and able to handle and manage the final accounts of the programme and reporting to Creative Europe.
- Must be highly literate and able to manage reporting to Creative Europe.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- A forward thinker and ideas generator.
- A track record of project delivery.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
Applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7th April 2020.
This position will cover the full delivery of Screen Leaders 2020 including reporting and final accounts. It is a part-time contract, remunerated at €250 per day and is not exclusive to SSI but will require the successful candidate to abide by the SI Code of Conduct and Conflicts of Interest rules. The successful candidate must be available to start immediately and the role will involve some international travel.
The post will be based in Dublin.
FÍs Éireann / Screen Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
FÍs Éireann / Screen Ireland is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht.