Screen Skills Ireland (SSI) is the leading agency with responsibility for investing in people and skills development for the screen sectors in Ireland. It was established to provide ongoing skills and career development opportunities for professionals working in the screen industry. SSI delivers structured skills development to the Film and TV Drama, Animation, VFX and Games and the Television Broadcast Sector. SSI comes under the auspices of Screen Ireland. Marketing, Communications and Policy Role Reporting directly to the SSI Manager this role provides an opportunity to work across all the marketing, communications and policy activity of Screen Skills Ireland including management of the website, generating social media content, web content, newsletters and SSI content for industry and public engagement. The role will also be responsible for creating ideas to increase traffic across all of the SSI communications platforms, as well as managing SSI analytics. The role will assist with preparing press releases and dealing with press queries. Also key to this role will be providing necessary support to the SSI Manager in the design and roll out of activities, initiatives and campaigns. The role will also include managing the Data Protection and Freedom of Information compliance of Screen Skills Ireland. The role will consist of:
- Preparation of annual marketing, communication and policy plan for Screen Skills Ireland;
- The promotion of skills development initiatives to the industry;
- Communication with the industry, key stakeholders and wider public regarding the activities of SSI;
- Driving the SSI social media presence across all SSI social media channels;
- Preparation of innovative content for the SSI website;
- Responsibility for the use of the SSI Brand by third parties;
- Working closely with the SI marketing team on initiatives and cross promotional opportunities;
- Management of the back-end of the SSI website;
- Preparation of key marketing materials for SSI;
- Monitoring and reporting on website performance using analytics;
- Preparation of SSI press releases, industry notices and dealing with press queries;
- Supporting effective work flows and processes and providing key support in undertaking strategic initiatives;
- Providing high quality and efficient support to the SSI Manager in terms of SSI data, industry data, policy engagement, Section 481 skills data and initiatives designed to capture skills gaps through Skills Needs Analysis processes and surveys;
- Acting as FoI Officer and Data Protection Officer for SSI.
- Excellent computer package proficiency including Word, Excel, Power-point, Survey Monkey and social media platforms;
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be obsessive about accuracy across all marketing materials and communications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a fast-paced team who can contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment;
- Must have a strong client focus;
- Must be able to work to challenging deadlines and work on own initiative;
- Must love communicating and engaging with audiences;
- Must be an ideas person – suggesting and driving new ways and means of communicating and influencing;
- A desire to work in the Screen sector is essential.
This position will be offered on a 4-year fixed–term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at Executive Officer level starting at €29,316 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 23 days per annum and this post is pensionable. There will also be a probationary period. Application Process Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to email@example.com by 6.00 pm on Monday 27th May 2019. As part of your application, you should set out your skills and experience to meet the requirements for the position. This position is directly responsible to the SSI Manager and is based in Dublin. Screen Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. Screen Ireland is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.