Fís Éireann / Screen Ireland (Screen Ireland) is the national agency for the Irish film, television drama, animation and documentary industry. Screen Ireland is the creative partner to the sector, investing in talent, creativity and enterprise. We are inspired by original storytelling that will emotionally engage audiences at home and abroad. Through a wide range of practical funding supports across development, production, distribution, promotion and skills development, Screen Ireland supports the sector through every stage of the process. We support filmmakers in their creative pursuit to share valuable artistic, cultural and commercial stories on screen.
We are seeking to recruit a Skills Development Co-Ordinator working within the Skills team. The person will work with the Skills Development Executive for Section 481 & Work-Based Learning assessing Skills Development Plans submitted by Producers as part of Government support for the film, TV and animation industry known as Section 481. The role also involves assisting in the monitoring of skills development on productions and reviewing skills participants’ progress and productions’ Quality Assurance Compliance reports.
Also key to this role will be providing necessary administration support to S481 skills development process.
Skills Development Coordinator Role
Reporting directly to the Skills Development Executive for Section 481 and Work-Based Learning, this role provides an opportunity to work across all the Skills Development Plan activity.
The role will consist of the following:
- Providing administrative support for the Skills Development process to include checking and logging submissions for accuracy, minute taking, processing data, file management and maintenance of records.
- Gathering regular information, data and statistics for releases and reports related to the skills development activity.
- Working alongside the Skills Development Executive to plan, organise and attend meetings with companies/producers/stakeholders and set/company visits.
- Supporting Skills Executives and Coordinators with planning and developing resources, initiatives and events related to the wider skills development needs of the sector.
- Supporting the Skills Development Executive with the development of competency frameworks and occupational profiles for job roles within the screen sector.
- Working with the Skills Development Executive to support the development of initiatives related to Responsible Production to include Diversity, Inclusivity, Gender and Sustainability/Green Film-making.
- Supporting the Skills Development Executive with the development of an online digital tracking system to support skills development for job roles within the screen sector.
- Other duties that Screen Ireland may require from time to time.
- Must have excellent computer package proficiency including Word, Excel, Power-point, Survey Monkey, Google Docs and social media platforms;
- Must have excellent attention to detail;
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a fast-paced team and must be capable of contributing to a dynamic and innovative working environment;
- Must have a strong client focus;
- Must be able to work to challenging deadlines and work on own initiative;
- Must be an ideas person – contributing and driving new initiatives;
- A desire to work in the Screen sector is essential.
Particulars of the Position
Grade Executive Officer
Salary starting at €31,884
Annual Leave 23 days
Probation 6 months
Pension Screen Ireland Public Service pension (Single Scheme)
This position is based in Dublin. Due to government guidelines related to COVID-19 the role will be a remote working role initially until COVID-19 related restrictions are lifted.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter setting out how your skills and experience meet the requirements for this position, to email@example.com by 6.00 pm on Monday 29th November.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and all personal data will be destroyed in line with SI Data Retention policy.
Fis Éireann/Screen Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Fis Éireann/Screen Ireland is under the aegis of the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.