Screen Skills Ireland (SSI), the skills development unit within Screen Ireland, has responsibility for investing in people and skills development for the screen sectors in Ireland, through the design, development and delivery of industry-focused skills development initiatives encompassing film, TV, animation, games and VFX, for all roles from new entrants to company leaders. Screen Skills Ireland also supports the sector through Funding Schemes that leverage and empower organisations and professionals, including schemes for Stakeholders, Mentoring, and Bursaries. Screen Skills Ireland oversees the skills development requirements linked to the Section 481 film tax credit; carries out research and data gathering to identify the skills needs of the industry; and disseminates reports that are relevant to the screen sector in Ireland.
SSI is looking to hire an Executive Assistant.
Executive Assistant Role
Reporting directly to the SSI Manager this role provides an opportunity to work across all the management, financial and administrative activities of Screen Skills Ireland.
The role will consist of the following:
- Work closely and maintain a high level of communication with the Manager and Finance Executive to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Manager and the Finance Executive to coordinate and provide administration and financial support for SSI activities.
- Offer any administration, financial and organisational support to the Manager and the Finance Executive as needed (including general administration, financial administration, event organisation, meeting organisation, reservations and bookings, data entry, data collection, and preparing reports).
- Organise and coordinate meetings to include sharing of agenda & papers with attendees and completion and circulation of minutes.
- Assist the Manager and Finance Executive with financial management aspects of the organisation including processing quotes, purchase orders, invoices, receipts and preparing documents for end of year financial reporting and audits.
- Manage the SSI office to include liaising with service providers, ordering office equipment and stationery, welcoming visitors, booking meeting rooms, answering general enquiries and phone calls.
- Work closely with the Manager and the SSI team to coordinate and provide administration support for skills development courses, funding schemes and events.
- Offer any administration and organisational support to the Manager and the SSI team as needed (including general administration, event organisation, reservations and bookings, data entry, and data collection).
- Support the Screen Skills Ireland Marketing and Communication Coordinator with any opportunities for promotion of courses or funding schemes, including the outcomes and impact of funding schemes and courses.
- Ensure all documentation relating to courses and funding schemes are maintained and that all payments passed to the Financial Executive are fully documented.
- Other duties that SSI may require from time to time.
Requirements – Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or relevant experience supplemented with equivalent qualification.
- Prior Office Management and Administration Experience Preferred.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Ability to Work Without Supervision.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Service Skills.
- Strong IT Skills.
- Strong Organisation and Record Keeping Skills.
- A desire to work in the Screen sector is essential.
This position will be offered on a 2-year fixed–term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at Clerical Officer level starting at €24,586 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 22 days per annum and this post is pensionable. There will also be a probationary period.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Monday 19th July. As part of your application, you should set out your skills and experience to meet the requirements for the position. This position is directly responsible to the SSI Manager and is based in Dublin. Due to government guidelines related to COVID-19 the role will be a remote working role initially until COVID-19 related restrictions are lifted.
Screen Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. Screen Ireland is under the aegis of the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
Reference: DS 160-2021