What makes a TV proposal stand out, and where do proposals & pitches fall down?
Screen Skills Ireland is delighted to announce a TV Commissioner Series hosted by TV Producer and Development Executive Colin Pauser-Cowman. This free commissioner webinar series takes place each morning from Monday 6th to Friday 10th of July.
Leading commissioning editors and executive producers from RTÉ, TG4 and Virgin Media will share their insights into TV development best practice in conversation with seasoned development executive and creativity coach Colin Pauser-Cowman.
‘Spotlight on Development – TV Commissioners Series’ is a unique opportunity to hear from commissioning editors and executive producers from the three Irish channels as they unpack the qualities that make a proposal or pitch memorable, compelling and relevant to them. The purpose of this webinar series is to highlight the continuing importance of quality concept and proposal development, matching ideas to genres and channels, unpacking best practice in concept development and pitching, and understanding the unique characteristics of each channel or genre.
Spotlight on Development – Commissioners Series is a skills-training webinar program, specifically tailored to industry professionals interested in upskilling in non-fiction based TV development.
Commissioners will be discussing general tips and best practice in proposal writing and pitching, and will not be discussing current commissioning opportunities.
Places are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment.
Please see below details of the schedule and a link to register.
- Monday 6th July – 9:30am to 10am – Laura Ní Cheallaigh, TG4 – Commissioning Editor – responsible for projects across factual, music, historical, entertainment and acquisitions
- Tuesday 7th July – 9:30am to 10am – Grainne McAleer, RTÉ – Commissioning Editor- Factual Documentaries & Series
- Wednesday 8th July – 9:30am to 10am – John McHugh, RTÉ – Group Head Entertainment & Music
- Thursday 9th July – 9:30am to 10am – Aoife Stokes, Virgin Media TV – Head of Programming
- Friday 10th July – 9:30am to 10am – Teresa Smith, RTÉ – Executive Producer – Popular Factual & Factual Entertainment
Click here to register for the series: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/92/4v5p5f79