Screen Skills Ireland is delighted to host ‘Responsible Production’, a one day event at the Alex Hotel, Dublin on 9th October 2019 from 9am-4pm. This event will focus on the importance of continuing to improve the culture of the screen sector in Ireland, in order to foster responsible production activity and create more positive and inclusive work environments.
The event will also touch on the new requirements linked to the Section 481 tax credit for productions, which requires applicants to propose skills development plans as well as diversity, inclusion, gender, and sustainability initiatives to avail of the credit.
The event will feature a number of panels discussing some of the most important issues facing the industry currently, including skills development, inclusion, diversity, gender, dignity in the workplace, and sustainability/green film making. Confirmed guests so far include:
- Melanie Hoyes – Industry Inclusion Executive at the British Film Institute (BFI)
- Zbyszek Zalinski – Diversity and Inclusion Lead at RTE
- Edward Crean – Senior Policy & Public Affairs Advisor at the National Disability Authority
- Emellie O’Brien – Film Sustainability Consultant & Founder of Earth Angel
- Birgit Heidsiek – Green Film Shooting Consultant
- Susan Kennedy – HR Consultant Media/Entertainment
Further details on guest panelists and a full schedule for the event will be announced soon.
This is a free event, but registration is required. Please visit the Eventbrite page to register by Monday 30 September 2019.