Screen Leaders is the leading Strategic Company Development Programme for the Screen Industries.
The final module of the Screen Leaders 2017 programme takes place in Berlin from the 16th to the 19th of November 2017. This final module will explore a variety of topics pertinent to strategy, company development, leadership and management in the creative industries.
Speakers and sessions for the module include:
- Sarita Christensen, Screen Leaders Alumni 2012, who will deliver a case study on her company Copenhagen Bombay.
- In two separate sessions, Jim Wilson, producer (Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami; You Were Never Really Here; Under the Skin; Attack the Block; The Lovely Bones; Shaun of the Dead) and Kate Ogborn, Producer (This is England; Red Riding series; Bronson; Joyeux Noel) will discuss working with talent.
- Philipp Klausing of Berlin-based Pantaleon Films (You Are Wanted) will discuss European TV Drama, and the company’s work across production and distribution.
- Clare Duignan – former Managing Director of RTE Radio, consultant, non-executive director for a number of businesses and board member for a number of not-for-profits – will speak about corporate governance.
- Christophe Vidal of Natixis Coficinè and Jonathan Kelly of Philip Lee Solicitors will discuss structured finance, revenue flows and rights.
- Organisational psychologist Maggie Van Den Heuvel will explore mindfulness in the workplace.
- Actors and management coaches John Lovett and Caron Darwood will role play scenarios around leadership, influence and impact.
To coincide with the final module of the programme, Screen Leaders will also present a seminar for local Berlin industry on Disruption and Innovation in association with Creative Europe Desk Berlin, with Andrew Jenkinson of vStream (Ireland) and TV executive Simon Shaps (UK).
Sorcha Loughnane Programme Director of Screen Leaders said: “We are delighted to be in Berlin for this final session, after an intensive six months of strategic and financial planning, leadership coaching, and company development. We look forward to a practical final module that focuses on strategy execution and long-term growth for participating companies, as well as providing inspirational sessions on leading creative businesses and projects”.
The 2017 Screen Leaders participating companies are:
Speers Film, Ireland
De Mensen, Belgium
Hungarian National Film Fund, Hungary
Amour Fou, Luxembourg/Austria
Giant Animation, Ireland
Garden Films, Portugal
Calico Pictures, Ireland
El Zorrero Films, Ireland
Screen Leaders is supported by the Creative Europe Programme and the Irish Film Board/Bord Scannán na hÉireann.