Supporting Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives for Crew and Workforce Development
Fís Éireann / Screen Ireland is the national development agency for the screen sector investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency supports and promotes the Irish film, television and animation sector and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
As part of our stated commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and drive wider representation and access to the creative screen industry we are launching a Crew and Workforce Development EDI Fund. The Fund is to support work placements on productions across all grades and levels, and also above-the-line Shadowing opportunities.
We wish to engage a supplier or number of individual suppliers to administer the current fund of €400,000 and we wish to spread the fund over live-action and animation. The amount awarded will include a 10% administration fee.
Interested parties should send applications to email@example.com (with the subject line Pathways Management) by November 29th. The applications will be assessed according to track record for sectoral support generally, track record supporting placement opportunities, track record across E,D&I, ability to manage the funds, and geographic/regional reach.
The Pathways fund will be overseen by the Screen Ireland skills team.
Pathways Fund – Operational Details
- The applicant should be the Producer company.
- The skills participants should be drawn from diverse and under-represented backgrounds and those where access to the screen industry would be limited.
- The application should set out the participants and the grades.
- The application should set out the Pathways skills development plan.
- The Pathways skills development plan can address other initiatives such as meaningful shadowing, relevant training courses, etc.
- The applicant should set out the budget with the eligible costs.
- The production must be capable of supporting the individual in their development and details on how they will be support should be included in the application
Eligible costs include salaries of the skills participants (at least minimum wage), associated catering, covid testing and transport. In order to increase access opportunities accommodation may be covered but it will be looked at on a case-by-case basis.
All funding will be made available on the strict condition of adherence to:
- The Government’s Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021 – Plan for Living with COVID-19
- Reframing the Challenge continuing our recovery and reconnecting – Govt of Ireland, Sept 2021
- The Government’s Stay Safe Guidelines
- The Government’s Work Safely Protocol
To apply, please use the application form available here.