Film In Cork, Bow Street Academy for Screen Acting and Screen Training Ireland bring you a two-day masterclass with Hollywood acting coach Gerry Grennell. This two-day course will take place in Cork City on the 3rd and 4th of November.
The course is aimed at Actors with previous film and television experience who are interested in expanding their repertoire of skills in acting for screen. This course seeks to help coalesce the screen acting community in the Cork area and so priority will be given to Cork-based applicants for the Film In Cork funded places.
Gerry will share his vast experience and insights in to the craft of screen acting having worked with some of the industry’s best. Over the 2 days he will simplify the key components of screen acting and deal with topics such as:
- How owning your environment improves your expressive muscle;
- Global moment v Personal Moment. Defining the Global Moment, Reestablishing the Personal Moment;
- Self and the Critic (Positive v Negative);
- Ownership (Owning v Being Owned);
- Being part of the world v the world being part of you;
- How memory works (and how we might refine our learning process);
- Expressive Communication;
- Expression (from baby to adult);
- Learning Lines through Concepts.
Gerry Grennell collaborated extensively with Heath Ledger on numerous projects including BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT and THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, and has worked frequently with Johnny Depp, Bruce Willis, Oscar Isaac, Joel Edgerton, Abbie Cornish, Natalie Portman (JANE GOT A GUN), Tom Cruise (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL), Sean Penn, Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Matt Damon, Amy Adams, Kate Hudson, Ewan McGregor, Orlando Bloom, and many more.
Gerry is heavily involved in the Bow Street Academy for Screen Acting and is also writing a book on the principles taught there.
He trained at the Central School of Speech and Drama, Constructive Teaching Centre London (Alexander Technique) and Hochschule fur Misik und Theater Hannover (Music).
Application Procedure: Please apply with a CV & Headshot direct to Film In Cork at firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on October 25th
Location: Cork City.
For further details, please contact email@example.com