Screen Skills Ireland is delighted to announce the development of a CGI Technical Artist Apprenticeship, in association with Technological University Dublin and Animation Skillnet.
The CGI Technical Artist Apprenticeship was one of 26 new national apprenticeships launched by the Minister for Education and Skills in December 2017 as part of the expanded apprenticeship scheme. This apprenticeship will be at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications and will run for two years, starting in October 2019.
The apprenticeship is designed for individuals looking to build a career as a CGI Technical Artist in the animation, games, VFX, immersive technologies and related sectors. The course design has involved extensive consultation with industry regarding curriculum content and structure, and emphasises real-world skills and employability.
If you are interested in applying for this apprenticeship we invite you to express an interest in the programme and be registered on our database, which will be shared with participating employers. In order to register on the database please visit the Animation Skillnet website.
Please note that the minimum entry requirements for apprentices on the programme are as follows:
- Qualification at Level 7/Level 8/Level 9 (in a related area) or at Level 6 (in a related area) with significant industry experience recognised through a thorough RPL process as per TU Dublin guidelines.
- A portfolio/showreel which demonstrates:
- Evidence of work using relevant software (commercial or as a hobbyist);
- Awareness of elements of Computer Graphics Technology;
- And a solid grounding in mathematics or basic coding/scripting knowledge.
Employers may have requirements in excess of the minimum requirements set out in an apprenticeship programme.
The call is open to those already in a company as well as those seeking a company for the apprenticeship programme.
Deadline for expressions of interest: 30th August 2019
For further information, please contact email@example.com.