Animation Skillnet and Screen Skills Ireland are proud to present two new Animation Bootcamps aimed at recent graduates:
Devised in consultation with professionals from various Irish Studios, each Bootcamp will involve an introduction to all stages of a modern Animation Production. Operating a holistic approach, the key aim of this course is to expose the graduate artist to the entirety of the working environment. Insight will be provided to the working of an inhouse department, covering each stage of development for both broadcast and feature:
- Overview of the pipeline.
- Diversity of roles.
- Behind script and Screen: The set up and demands of each department for the execution of work within a spectrum of current software from script to nal image.
- The use of back-end programming.
- A preparation for future learning.
- An overview of various software used in the industry (Adobe Suite, Storyboard Pro, Harmony, etc)
- CV, Showreel and online portfolio preparation
- A Learning & Development coach will guide you through a series of workshops aimed at cultivating 21st Century Skills. Focusing on qualities essential to the Animation Industry.
Attendees will gain tools to manage themselves and work in teams effectively, manage their time & energy, develop self-awareness and an understanding of emotional intelligence. All of which are crucial to a successful career within the Animation Industry.
The aim at the end of the Bootcamps is that participants will be better prepared to attain a job with a studio. Each participant will also finish the Bootcamps with work for their portfolio as well as portfolio advice from the core tutors and guest professionals from various studios.
There is no fee for the Bootcamps but please note that there are only 12 places available.
To find out more about the tutors and registration process, please visit Animation Skillnet for more details.