Screen Skills Ireland is delighted to support ACE Animation Special 2021 from ACE Producers, which this year has selected 18 experienced independent producers to take part.
The intensive workshop is designed to deepen their knowledge of developing and producing long form, feature film, and series animation production for an international audience including cinema, broadcast as well as streaming. Producers applied with animated features and series projects in early development.
Originally set to take place during Animation Dingle it was postponed to late June 2021 in Dublin due to the current situation. The selected producers will kick off the workshop with an online session in March giving them the opportunity to benefit from the online Animation Dingle programme.
The ACE Animation Special is supported by Screen Skills Ireland, Screen Ireland, Animation Skillnet, BAI (Broadcasting Authority of Ireland) and Animation Ireland in close collaboration with Animation Dingle.
Of this year’s event, ACE director Jacobine van der Vloed said, “We’re thrilled to be joining with our Irish partners once again for the Animation Special. Of course, the fact that we’re not going to be in Dingle in March is disappointing for all involved, but after our experience last year, we’re confident of delivering a dynamic workshop that will offer our producers the key knowledge to make their way in the animation industry.
Selected ACE Producers Animation Special Producers:
- Simonetta Amenta (ACE Italy), Eurofilm
- Emilie Blézat (ACE France), SCIAPODE
- Maria Blicharska (ACE Poland/France), Donten et Lacroix/Blick Productions
- Fiona Copland (New Zealand), Field Theory
- Valérie Delpierre (Spain), Inicia Films
- David Epiney (Switzerland), Alina film
- Marion Guth, (Luxembourg), a_BAHN
- Chris Hees (United Kingdom), Bridge Way Films
- Niamh Herrity (Ireland), Pink Kong