Screen Training Ireland in association with Galway Film Centre and the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and are pleased to announce a new writing mentorship scheme aimed at writers from and/or currently based in the WRAP* counties Clare, Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo. Writers will be invited to submit ideas for genres including feature film or TV series (both live action and animation). Four writers will be selected and allotted contact time with script editors from Ireland and the UK over a period of months, as well as receiving an award of €500 each to develop the idea further. Mentors will include Andrew Ellard, Eimear Markey, Mark McIlrath, Oona O’ Beirn and Lucy Ryan. The writers will also have access to producers and commissioning editors to guide them to the next stage after development. Writers may also attend an Advanced Screenplay Development workshop with Emmanuel Oberg, in association with Creative Europe MEDIA Office Galway, which takes place in September 2018. The scheme will endorse 50:50 gender equality, as well as encouraging diversity of voices and ages and it also aims to nurture ideas generated and located in the region. Writers’ track records as well as the originality and boldness of the ideas submitted and the potential for development will be key criteria in selection of the projects. The deadline for application is 23rd of July 2018. Applications guidelines below. Please email email@example.com for any further information. *WRAP refers to the Western Region Audiovisual Producer’s Fund, a new €2 million regional fund which supports production in the following six counties: Clare, Galway, Roscommon, Mayo, Sligo and Donegal. ——————— Application Guidelines:
- Applicants’ experience must demonstrate at least one of the following: festival or online success; broadcast credits; or work that has acquired funding.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Students in full time education are not eligible
- Applicants must be from or based in one of the WRAP counties.
- The scheme is open to ideas which can be produced, but are not necessarily set in the WRAP counties.
Submission details: Email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one page synopsis of the idea. If your idea is for a TV series, then outline the narrative for the series. (PDF format)
- A sample of your writing up to 15 pages (PDF format)
- A one page CV outlining relevant experience (PDF format)
- A personal statement of up to one page in length (PDF format)
The deadline for application is 23rd of July 2018. Please email email@example.com for further information.