In late 2019 Screen Skills Ireland will launch a new structured Mentoring Funding Scheme that will offer screen professionals mentoring support at key stages in their career development that will encompass business, creative and/or technical mentoring. In advance of the launch of the funding scheme Screen Skills Ireland are assembling a new panel of diverse and experienced mentors to support this initiative. The new Mentor Panel is now open for applications. If you have significant industry experience and want to give back as a mentor then we want to hear from you! The Role of the Mentor:
- The mentor offers practical tailored advice and guidance based on their industry experience, on a one to one basis to an assigned mentee.
- The mentor gives 20 hours of their time over a 5-10 meeting assignment, over a 12 month period.
- Mentoring can be local or international. Meetings are predominantly face-to-face, but can be online.
- Once you are matched with a mentee, you will be offered guidance and support to give your best, and get the best from mentoring.
- Acting as a mentor will improve your leadership, management and communication skills. Sharing your knowledge to develop the future screen sectors workforce.
- You will be paid a total fee/honorarium of €2,000, inclusive of expenses.
- You are an expert in your field in the screen sectors.
- You have a proven track record, with over five years’ experience at a senior level.
- You have current, relevant industry domain knowledge.
To apply: Please send your CV/bio with an email specifying your sector and area of expertise for mentoring to email@example.com by Friday 8th November 2019. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that all mentors selected will be offered mentoring training and will be asked to sign a mentoring agreement and a mentor code of conduct. Mentors will be selected for the panel based on current industry needs identified by Screen Skills Ireland. Diversity and equality will be factored into the selection process for all mentors and mentees.