Screen Skills Ireland supports film festivals and other events running masterclasses and workshops, where the event will expose industry practitioners to international best practice for the screen sectors.
In all cases support is offered only if the organisers meet the strict criteria and conditions below.
- Read the Criteria and Requirements sections below.
- Applicants must fill in the Screen Skills Ireland Application for Festival Funding Form and submit via email to email@example.com a minimum of four weeks prior to the commencement of the festival / event.
- The application must contain a full breakdown of the proposed event, a budget and a tutor biography.
- A decision will be made within ten working days of receipt of the application.
- Applicants wishing for a decision prior to this must submit their completed application form ahead of the four week deadline.
- In order to draw down final payment the festival must submit the completed Screen Skills Ireland Evaluation Form which will be emailed when funding is approved. Retrospective applications will not be accepted.
- The event applying for support must be based in Ireland.
- Due to limited resources, the application process is competitive. Benefit to the Irish Film, Television, Digital Media, Animation or related sectors must clearly accrue from the running of this masterclass or workshop.
- The maximum funding available for each event will be €2,000.
- The decision to support any individual event will only be made on receipt of the completed application form containing a full breakdown of the event, budget and tutor biography.
- A maximum of one event will be supported per festival, except when two proposals of extraordinary merit are submitted presenting unique skills development opportunities that can’t be replicated at another time.
Requirements of the event:
- The event must be for industry professionals working in the Irish film, television, animation or digital media sectors and emerging filmmakers.
- The minimum required length of the event should be 3 hours with a fifteen minute coffee break.
- Fees must be set at a maximum of €50 per person for a three hour masterclass and €100 per day for a longer event.
- The event organisers must process all applications.
- When allocating places the festival/event organisers must demonstrate a fair transparent process based on strict criteria which must be furnished in advance of selection to Screen Skills Ireland. This selection can be based on the submission of CVs by applicants or submitted samples of work.
- The film festival / event must get all attendees to sign in and return the sign in sheet to Screen Skills Ireland.
- The film festival / event must supply the attendees with the Screen Skills Ireland feedback form available here.
- The completed forms must be returned to Screen Skills Ireland with the completed Evaluation form.
- All documentation and publicity must state the event is supported by Screen Skills Ireland and must contain the Screen Skills Ireland logo.
Download and fill in the Screen Skills Ireland Application for Festival Funding Form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of four weeks prior to the commencement of the festival / event.