*** Please note: International Bursary Awards applications are currently closed pending the situation with COVID-19. Please see this page for more details. ***
Screen Skills Ireland offers Bursary Awards up to a maximum amount of €5,000 to assist Irish industry professionals to enhance their career through international skills development opportunities.
What is an International Bursary Award?
When the necessary skills development opportunities are not available in Ireland, the International Bursary Award allows bursary recipients to participate in international skills development programmes, workshops and structured work programmes to assist their professional development.
The purpose of the scheme is to expose industry practitioners to the best skills development expertise and work situations internationally. In all cases bursaries are awarded to ensure professional development and skill enhancement in line with international work standards.
Screen Skills Ireland offers two types of bursaries to applicants:
- funding to attend full time courses and workshops abroad
- funding to participate in a structured work programme within international companies and organisations. The work programme can be designed by the individual to specifically match their skills development needs.
“Less than one week on and I am still boring everyone with my gushing enthusiasm after an extraordinary five days of painting with a master craftsman in France. It was a rich and invaluable experience. When it was mentioned that I might qualify for this bursary I was astounded. I have spent many years painting and it felt somewhat indulgent of me to seek out a course of such merit that was situated in the South West of France. […] My sincere thanks to Troy Studios and Screen Training Ireland for making this possible.
– Rhonwen Hayes, Charghand Painter
- Professionals interested in applying for a Screen Skills Ireland International Bursary Award should fill in the online application form, attaching two industry references, a letter of acceptance from the programme providers and a full breakdown of the programme.
- Every month, Screen Skills Ireland present the applications to an external bursary panel of industry experts who assess each application.
- The panel select applicants based on the outlined criteria and decide on the funding allocation to each successful applicant. In some cases applicants may be required to attend an interview.
PLEASE NOTE INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED A MINIMUM OF FOUR WEEKS PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF A SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME.
For further information on the Bursary award scheme please contact:
- E: Neil.Murphy@screenskillsireland.ie
- T: +353 1 679 8040