Screen Training Ireland and Filmbase are hosting a three-day training programme, focussing on Transmedia as a Marketing and Distribution strategy. This course is designed for creative producers, development executives and distributors working on projects where a transmedia strategy can be developed around the key entertainment product (Film, TV, Videogame or Book) to create a fan base as well as establishing an entertainment brand – a technique frequently utilised by Hollywood and top TV and Film producers and Broadcasters.
Topics covered include:
– State-of-the-market: what is the impact – today – of the digital platforms in the Entertainment business? Challenges and opportunities
– The new commissioners: the digital platforms and SVOD services
– Blockbusters vs Long-tail approach (Hollywood vs Indie models) for established creatives
– Use transmedia to get noticed approach for up & coming talent
– Why marketing is key in this day-an-age
– The viral myth – why it isn’t real
– How to use digital marketing strategies to increase films and tv shows visibility and create long and lasting entertainment brands that can span through multiple platforms?
– How to repurpose existing content, characters and stories and generate revenues from existing catalogues.
Established Irish-resident film & TV creative producers, development executives, and distributors. Producers, development executives and distributors must have film and or TV experience in scripted drama, with a credit on a least one funded production or TV Drama series which has been screened on television or theatrically.
Attendance to take part on this course is limited. Interested applicants should apply for a place with a current CV via www.screentrainingireland.ie by Tuesday 23rd January 2018.
For further information contact Lynn Larkin at Filmbase e: Lynn@filmbase.ie. or t: 01 6796716.