Date: Thursday, January 24th, 2019
Duration: Half day
Venue: Dublin TBC
Are you leading an AV company? Are you wrestling with what direction to take your company in? Do you wish that you had trusted advisers to help you strategise the future of your company? Maybe the answer is to create a Board.
The course aims to equip CEO’s/company owners in the AV sector with an understanding of simple Corporate Governance for SME’s and the potential benefits of having a Board. Having completed this course, you should have sufficient information to decide whether having a board is the right choice for your company.
- The current challenges facing the Irish AV sector
- What attributes do AV companies need to be successful?
- Why have a board? How having a board can help to Accelerate Growth, Improve Financial Performance, Manage Risk, and Enhance Operational Performance
- What type of board do I need? Advisory Board or a Private Board?
- Who should be on my board? How to pick directors? Where to find them? How much to pay them? What makes for a good director?
- The difference between Management (The Executive) and the Board
- Effective Boards What happens at a Board meeting? Risk Management; Governance Framework Checklist;How to prepare for a board meeting; Topics; A Typical Agenda
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management What does good Corporate Governance mean for a small business? Risk? What keeps you awake at night? How can you manage it?
The course will be delivered and facilitated by Clare Duignan with guest speaker Larry Bass delivering some essential elements on the day.
This half day course is aimed at the CEOs /owners of ambitious scaling AV companies and/or you will have worked at senior management level in another company and are contemplating setting up your own company.
The nature of your company’s business includes, but is not limited to: film, television, animation, games, post-production, VFX, facilities, sales, distribution and exhibition.
Please apply online at www.screenskillsireland.ie with a current CV by 5pm on January 17th 2019. For further information, please email Neil.Murphy@screenskillsireland.ie