Date: Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019
Duration: 1 day
MODULE 1 | CONCEPT & PLOT
- Establishing the Story
- Expanding the Concept into a Plot
- The Brain Dump
- Elements to The Story
- The Main Challenge
- The Story’s Key Points
- Knowing the Story’s Theme
- Identifying the Hero, Villain and Other Characters and How They Contribute
- Establishing Goals
- The Hero’s and Villain’s Actions and Their Consequences
- Establishing a satisfying and appropriate story climax
- Introduction to pacing
- Introduction to screenplay structure
- Introduction to character development and dialogue
- Introduction to the film industry
MODULE 2 | WRITING A SYNOPSIS AND TREATMENT
- What is a synopsis?
- Why a synopsis is so important
- What goes into a synopsis
- What is a treatment?
- What a treatment is used for
- What goes into a treatment
- How is the treatment structured.
This course is aimed at writers.
Please apply online with an up to date CV by 10am on Monday 7 October.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.