Date: Monday, September 14th, 2020
Duration: 3 x 2 hours (11.00 - 13.00)
Screen Skills Ireland is pleased to offer Story Development and Treatment Writing for Feature Films and TV Drama. This course is being offered free of charge to support the Irish creative screen sector impacted by the ongoing situation with COVID-19.
MODULE 1 | STORY, SYNOPSIS AND THE FILM INDUSTRY
- Using the Brain Dump to Establish the Broad Strokes of the story
- Identifying the Characters and Influencers
- Expanding the Concept into a Cinematic Plot
- The Film And TV Industries – Bringing Our Story to the Market
- What Tools Will We Have At Our Disposal?
- The Synopsis – What We Use It For
- What goes into The Synopsis
- Why and how we tailor the Synopsis
- Introduction to the Treatment
MODULE 2 | THE TREATMENT
- What Is A Treatment?
- The Risks of Skipping The Treatment
- What Is A Treatment Used For?
- How The Treatment Helps Our Story’s Development
- The Principle Elements Of The Treatment
- Who Are We Sending The Treatment To
- Elements of Every Treatment – Plot, Characters and Influencers, Obstacles, Goals, Conclusions and Climaxes, Tone and Theme
- Why and how we might tailor the treatment
- The Returnability of a TV Series – What Happens in Season 2?
Please note: this course is also offered on 7 September. To apply for the earlier course, please do so here.
This course is aimed at writers.
Screen Skills Ireland courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply online with an up to date CV by 10am on Monday 31st August 2020.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.