The aim of the course is to explore the precise craft of writing scenes for film. Through the medium of course work participants will apply their learning to their own scripts.
The course will focus on:
• fundamentals – what is a scene?
• the basic dramatic predicament
• how character creates a scene
• scene form and function
• scene types: overt conflict, covert conflict, character introduction, exposition, preparation/aftermath, phone calls, subjective vs. objective action, omission, montage, transitions
• different types of tension: suspense, irony, mystery
• the sequence: fundamentals and form
• sequences in sequence: building out feature structure
• how sequences support acts, how scenes support sequences
Irish professionals involved in writing and development in the film industry. Participants must be involved in current development projects.
Please apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie attaching a current CV. For further details please email Grainne Bennett at email@example.com. Emailed applications cannot be accepted. Deadline for applications: Friday the 25th of September.