Date: Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
Duration: 1 day
This one day course will include:
- Detailed look at both the established Global Streaming services (Netflix and Amazon Prime) as well as the major upcoming services arriving in the next year – Disney+, Apple+, HBO Max, Hulu, Peacock, Quibi and their impact on US and European programming and the opportunities they present to Irish Writers and Producers – Plus in-depth breakdowns of the upcoming slates for all these platforms.
- Detailed look at the major US linear Networks – how they tier out (broadcast, cable, premium cable etc) what they are currently programming, what their brands/audiences are and how they are looking to compete with the Streamers.
- Examination of US TV Pilot Season 2019 – what was ordered, what sold and why that was? What talents were involved and where does this take the Nets programming in the future.
- The New Aesthetic – how the Streamers and Premium Cable nets have redefined what audiences expect from TV and the challenges this presents.
- The Global Content and Talent Wars – why Showrunners are more vital to the success of Networks and Streamers than ever before.
- Analysis of how the Streamers are successfully embracing the genres Hollywood has abandoned.
Writers, producers and directors who wish to deepen their understanding of the international television market.
Please apply online with an up to date CV. Queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Thursday 3 October.