Date: Saturday, February 1st, 2020
Duration: 1 day
Venue: Dublin TBC
In this workshop we look at mentoring, how to manage this as part of your overall role and how, if done effectively it can have a positive impact on individuals and the industry as a whole.
Things that we will cover are:
- What is mentoring and the impact it has
- How mentoring looks in your industry & its current impact
- How it can be used to create a positive culture in a production
- How mentoring benefits both the mentee & mentor
- Understanding learning styles, and how that can impact your approach to mentoring
- Preparing for mentoring success
- Building mentoring seamlessly into your role
- Running effective 1:1s
- Effective questioning
- Giving effective & honest feedback
- Developing an easy pathway plan for your mentees, so that they can own their own journey from production to production
The other modules that are running are:
- Building Resilience and Time Management – aimed at anyone working in the Screen Sector that feels they would benefit from learning resilience and time management skills. Saturday 18th January, 2020
- Leading Successful Teams – creating a great team environment in which everyone feels empowered to have a positive impact. Saturday 25th January, 2020
This workshop is the third in a number of workshops run for crew to develop skills needed to work in the screen sector. The workshop is aimed at Heads of Departments, Middle Management, Skills Supervisors, Skills Development Officers and anyone managing or mentoring people in the industry. This workshop is particularly useful for anyone taking on a supervisory role on S481 funded projects.
Please apply online by 12pm on Monday 20th January 2020. For further information, please email email@example.com.
If you are waiting to hear from us regarding you application, please check your spam/junk folder, as emails can be diverted there.