Date: Saturday, October 19th, 2019
Duration: 7 days
Venue: Los Angeles
Screen Skills Ireland is seeking three experienced Irish writers for writers room placements and mentorship in Los Angeles. The placement will commence on the 19th to the 26th of October.
Screen Skills Ireland will provide a €2000 contribution to costs for each participant but participants will be expected to organise their own transport and accommodation.
The placements will run as follows:
Sunday 20th October
- Afternoon Mentor Lunch Meeting with Writer/Producer Javier Grillo-Marxauch (Lost, Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance, Cowboy Bebop)
Monday 21st Oct
- Supergirl Writers Room Day 1
Tuesday 22nd October
- Supergirl Writers Room Day 2
- Showrunners Jessica Queller (Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl) and Robert Rovner (Private Practice, Crossing Jordan)
Weds 23rd Oct
- S.W.A.T. Writers Room Day 1
Thurs 24th October
- S.W.A.T. Writers Room Day 2
- Showrunners Shawn Ryan (The Shield, Timeless) and Aaron Rashon Thomas (The Get Down, Sleepy Hollow)
Friday 25th October
- Morning Private Tour of the Writers Guild Of America Library
- Afternoon Mentor Lunch Meeting with Showrunner Mike Royce (One Day At A Time, Everybody Loves Raymond, Men Of A Certain Age, Enlisted) at Sony Studios
These placements are aimed at screenwriters with significant experience.
Please apply online with an up to date CV. Queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Friday 4th October.