Date: Thursday, March 18th, 2021
Duration: 2 days; and a 20 min one-on-one follow-up coaching session (TBA)
The course aims to introduce you to the concepts of Leadership skills in a creative environment. Having a capable team around you is crucial. However, it is an area that is often left to chance, which can lead to de-motivated individuals that do not feel part of the business and consequently do not perform.
This course looks at what it takes to lead a capable team and how you can get the best out of the people in it by understanding the role of leader, both personally and from the groups perspective.
In addition this course will address personal resilience skills for leaders in challenging times.
Each participant will have access to a scheduled 20min follow-up one-on-one coaching session with Michael after the course.
Area’s covered will include:
- Qualities of an Effective Leader – Identifying the key characteristics of effective leaders, rating yourself against these characteristics and establishing key actions to develop the skills.
- Leader or Manager? – Establishing the difference between the two and comparing yourself to those qualities.
- Developing Your Team Goals – Reviewing an action plan that develops clear goals for your team based on the business vision.
- Motivation – Determining the ‘Why’ for your staff and developing an understanding of emotions in a business context.
- What Motivates? – Looking at specific motivators for individuals and understanding that everyone is motivated by different things.
- Being Consistently Different – Going against popular leadership theory and identifying that each staff member needs to be treated differently.
- Dealing With Difficult Team Members – Understanding why team members are demanding. Looking at different behaviour types and strategies for responding to them. Also, realising that ‘difficult’ behaviour sometimes has its benefits.
There is a strong foundation of emotional intelligence running throughout the workshop and includes;
- What is Emotional Intelligence? – A set up to the course, which explains what EI is and its role in improving performance in the workplace.
- Self-Awareness – Understanding how self-aware participants currently are, reviewing the value of self-awareness and providing an opportunity to develop this.
- Self-Management – Appreciating that we manage ourselves based on our values, attitudes and beliefs.
- Relationships – Finally; reviewing ways of further improving relationships using emotional intelligence.
Workshop Schedule: 2 days – 10.30am to 1.00 pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm
This course is aimed at individuals in a senior leadership role, Producers and Company Leaders. It will provide an understanding of the communication, resilience and emotional intelligence skills required of a leader to enhance their effectiveness. The skills are applicable to all genres and platforms; film, TV scripted and unscripted, animation, games or VFX.
Screen Skills Ireland courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply online with a current CV by 12pm on 8th March 2021.
For further information, please email email@example.com
For technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org