Date: Wednesday, December 14th, 2016
Duration: 3 Days: Wed 14th – Fri 16th December 2016
Venue: LIT/LSAD, Limerick
This programme – a collaboration between Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board (LCETB) and Screen Training Ireland, with the support of LIT/LSAD and Troy Studios – aims to teach new entrants to the Art Department the fundamentals of drafting for film.
All coursework is done in pencil. This course will focus on drawing a studio set.
The course will cover the following:
- Introduction to a film construction drawing
- Introduction to the equipment used for pencil drafting.
- Working with scale and measurements.
- Reading drawings.
- Understanding 2 dimensional drawings in 3 dimensions.
- The principles of drafting geometry
- Review of basics of surveying, use of surveying equipment and information that needs to be acquired on survey, sketching of plans and elevations for purposes of recording data. Use of photography to record detail.
- Practical experience of surveying.
- Quick review of principles of scale and dimensioning prior to drawing up of the surveys.
- Practical experience of drawing up of a survey.
- Overview of drawing presentation, dimensioning, style, texturing, titles and lettering etc.
- Carry on with drawing up of survey.
- Introduction to doors and windows and other important details.
- Discussion of line weight, using texture to indicate set finishes.
- Dimensioning and annotating drawings.
- Review of drawings, Q&A based on participants’ questions.
- Short slideshow at end of day using an examples to demonstrate how the design process works from preliminary concepts, choosing a location, creating construction drawings and building the final set.
*Fee: €150 waged/€75 unwaged
This course is aimed at those with little or no architectural or built environment background or knowledge, who wish to learn the fundamentals of drafting for film. This course would be ideally suited for those seeking a career in the Art Department.
Please apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie For further details contact Sorcha Loughnane at Sorcha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday 2nd December 2016.