Date: Monday, April 25th, 2016
Duration: 5 Days, 25th - 29th of April 2016
Venue: Kiltiernan, Co. Dublin
The areas which will be covered on this 5 day course are as follows:
- Review of basics of surveying, use of surveying equipment and information that needs to be acquired on survey, sketching of plans and elevations for purposes of recording data. Use of photography to record detail.
- Introduction to the interior/exterior space to be surveyed with a view to the areas of greatest interest.
- Review of participants’ survey notes.
- Quick review of principles of scale and dimensioning prior to drawing up of the surveys.
- Time to finish survey drawings if required.
- Introduce main exercise of drawing up of a new set to either complement an exterior space or fit in an interior space.
- Setting up new drawing, choosing a scale and starting plans/elevations of new set.
- Short slideshow at end of day using an example of a set from Game of Thrones to demonstrate how the design process works from preliminary concepts, choosing a location, creating construction drawings and building the final set.
- Carry on with drawing up of set.
- Introduction to doors and windows and other important details.
- Discussion of line weight, using texture to indicate set finishes.
- Dimensioning and annotating drawings.
- Introduction to use/need for backing flats, painted backing/translates. Introduction to camera angles, lens tables.
- Review of drawings, Q&A based on participants’ questions.
- Short presentation to finish up.
Screen Training Ireland and Galway Film Centre are seeking participants for an Intermediate Drafting Course. This programme is aimed at trainees and assistant art directors who wish to bring their drafting skills to an intermediate level. This includes participants who have already completed the Foundation Drafting Course and others who have basic draughting and/or surveying skills.
All coursework is done in pencil. This course will focus on drawing a studio set.
Please apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie For further details contact Mary Deely at Galway Film Centre. Ph: 091-770748 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 12 noon Monday April 18th 2016