The workshop is aimed at creative leaders wishing to either deliver a creative project or deliver change in an organisation. Over the six online modules, based on a tried and tested BBC methodology, participants will hone and refine their creative leadership skills to build better teams, influence and persuade creative change and drive more innovative ideas. These skills are applicable to all genres and platforms, film, scripted or unscripted TV, animation, games or VFX.
The 6 workshop modules will look at case studies across genres and platforms and the practical application of tools:
1. You as a creative – Your preferences across the creative process, Foursight profiling tool, building resilience, maximising personal creativity, collaboration and entrepreneurship
2. You as a creative leader – Inspiring, motivating and persuading others. Films with a discussion group, the four stages of creative leadership
3. Visionary leadership – Inspiring a shared vision: Envisioning change, the neuroscience of purpose and USP, with leaders’ films and practical exercises
4. Inspirational leadership – Enabling others to act: identifying barriers to change, spheres of influence & practical application of three creative problem solving tools with ‘virtual’ post-its
5. Influential leadership – Challenging the system: influencing tools, managing difficult conversations and new ways to give feedback
6. Tactical leadership & wrap-up – Encouraging the heart: understanding drivers, behaviours and attitudes, a 6-step implementation plan with discussion & final Q&A
Please note: Foursight profiling tool to be completed prior to online attendance. Course worksheet, Foursight booklet and homework to be printed by delegates at home.
This course is aimed at creative leaders with a creative project which requires either collaborating with others, running a team or shifting an organisation to change. It will provide creative leaders with the skills to better understand themselves as creatives, build resilience and focus their leadership skills to deliver positive change in these challenging times. The skills are applicable to all genres and platforms; film, TV scripted and unscripted, animation, games or VFX.
Screen Skills Ireland courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply online by 5pm on 13th May 2020 with an up to date CV.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org