Date: Friday, January 24th, 2020
Duration: 1 Day
Venue: Dublin TBC
In this course participants will gain a full insight into the role and responsibilities of the assistant editor.
Areas covered include:
- Organising project and footage
- The difference between fiction and non-fiction assisting
- Expectations of performance from the assistant editor
- Ingest of rushes
- Logging and synching
- Treatment of non-standard archive
- Sound work – Track laying on sequences
- Adding Footage as the edit continues – Moving footage between machines – Importance of Master project
- Preparation of exports/promo material – Choice of codecs for export – Using third party compression software – BITC
- Relinking to full-res – Project parameters (SD, HD,2k etc.) – How to check the relink is correct – Troubleshooting relink problems
- Creation of deliverables for Grade and Mix
This one-day course is aimed at those interested in moving into assistant editing and who wish to gain a thorough overview of the role and the responsibilities it entails. Applicants should have a working knowledge of Avid Media Composer and/or Adobe Premiere and/or FCPX. There will be a one-day supervised placement with an editor working in non-fiction offered to those interested.
Please apply online at www.screenskillsireland.ie by 12:00 PM, Tuesday, January 7, 2020, attaching a current CV and an overview of why you would like to participate in this course.