Date: Saturday, January 19th, 2019
Duration: 1 day - 10am to 5pm
Venue: Dublin TBC
The course will give an introduction to editing for animation in Adobe Premiere, with the main focus being on animatics, by instructing on the following:
- Illustrating the role of editing within the animation pipeline, giving examples of the evolution of a story from script all the way up to final delivery.
- Setting up a project in Premiere and discussing the project workflow.
- Shortcuts / techniques / tips in Premiere that are most useful for animatic editing.
- Storytelling methods through animatic editing: showing how pacing, framing, camera moves, sfx, etc. impact the story.
- Participants will get practical experience using Premiere, including building an animatic, with feedback from the tutor.
Paul Forde works as a senior editor for Brown Bag Films. He has worked as an editor there for 7 years. He has experience working on shows like Doc McStuffins and The Henry Hugglemonster Show for Disney Junior, The Octonauts for CBeebies, and Butterbean’s Café for Nick Jr.
This course is aimed at:
- Live action editors with an interest in learning the different styles / techniques associated with editing for animation.
- People with experience in the animation industry with an interest in learning about the editing side of animation.
Please apply online at www.screenskillsireland.ie with a current CV by 17:00 on the 8th of January 2019. For further information please email Sorcha.email@example.com